Agenda of the 6th PPEU Bord Meeting on the 5th of August 2014

Participants:

@LunaLoof | Martina Pöser

@tvelocity | Antonios Motakis

@AndersPirat | Anders Kleppe

@Popol349 | Paul Bossu

@Radeks00 | Radek P.

@teirdes | Amelia Andersdotter

Absent

@CristianBulumac | Cristian Bulumac

Excused:

@Gilles_PPDE | Gilles Bordelais

@marou_pp | Maxime Rouquet

Guests:

@lmn_ar | Lorena Müller
Confederación Pirata

@im_dario | Dario Castañé
Pirates de Catalunya

@jbesteve | Juan Esteve (Galileo)
Confederación Pirata

@Exile70860000 | O.Herzig Pirata.cat

TOP 0 Formalities

Martina is opening the meeting at 21:14 CEST.

Chairman: @LunaLoof | Martina Pöser

Minutes (Secretary): all together, Paul

Approval of the minutes of the last Board meeting:

Approval of the agenda:

Agenda

TOP 1 Banking account

TOP 2 Registering the party

TOP 3 Activating the Council / Next Council Meeting

TOP 4 Communication Strategy

TOP 5 Procedural Rules for the Board

TOP 6 Other Stuff

TOP 7 Next Board Meeting

Approved

TOP 1 Banking account

*Radek: Shall report on interesting options available

Free account at triodos is with no card. Radek couldn't find any other bank offering a free account. We could use trre ansfers to individuals, if they have paid in cash beforehand.

Amelia: Prefers a bank issuing a credit card and multiple branch offices, because it would be less time consuming. This would be better as a long term decision.

~3€/month ain't much

*Decision of the Board, if we choose an ethical bank like TRIODOS or any other?

Let's get the thing started with normal bank and get a card. After, we can always redirect funds to TRIODOS.

Who is in favour of using Triodos:

+1 (Amelia)

+1 (Martina)

+1 (Tony)

+1 (Paul)

+1 Radek

+1 (Anders)

+1 Raoul

Against: ./.

Undecided: ./.

Radek is tasked with opening the bank account at Triodos. Will coordinate his next visit in Brussels with Paul.

*Managing of cash in Brussels by Cristian?

Topic is postponed.

TOP 2 Registering the party

Topic is postponed.

*Decision from the Board meeting: Gilles with the help of Anders will work on registering PPEU.

How is it coming?

Anders: The only actual option for PPEU is to register an AISBL simply because PPEU is an international organization and aspire to become a EU recognised official political party. These are two different concepts. According to laws and procedures in Belgium, we might need to change statutes in order to register both entities. PPEU as an organizational operational unit is one option. As such, PPEU might open branches in several locations around Europe, with PPEU in Belgium as PPEU HQ. It is also possible, according to the information I have gathered, to use Julia's office as an operational formal body for PPEU.

To me it seems this can be done with the statutes as they are today, but a notary is needed every time statutes are changed after each GA. Changes of board members does not require a notary and is a very simple process. A General Secretary is an absolute requirement for registering as an AISBL. As far as I can see there's nothing stopping the board to appoint one in the current statutes.

Board decision: Gilles will be the Secretary General for the AISBL, who is then allowed to do all the stuff concerning the registering process and other formal stuff that needs to be done with the Belgium authorities on behalf of the Board.

The Secretary General of an AISBL is the person in charge of administrative stuff, but takes no decision on behalf of the Board or the Council. Therefore the Board of the PPEU does not need to organise a meeting of the Council or something else and only appoints the person who will effectively take in execute the concerned administrative decisions taken by the Board.

Did you find a notary? Did you start the registering process as aisbl?

: Gilles is now starting again from scratch, with Anders' help.

Paul say : allis in the pad, why starting from scratch ?? we need translation to a belgian offical languages of the statutes and money to register and pay notary ! http://titanpad.com/aisbl

@Maxime: How is the translation of the statutes coming?

Maxime will send the part of the translation that he's done already via email to the Board. We will try to employ the help of TTF with the translation (and any other motivated French speaking person).

@Maxime: Is the list of members finished?

Maxime : it is missing PP-FI information (see below).

Here is a pad of maxime : https://piratenpad.de/w1PjaPWNoI

*Information on PP-FI is still missing. Does anyone have contacts here? (Anders, Martina or maybe ask Gregory?)

http://piraattipuolue.fi/english (link received from Anders)

:Martina has asked Gregory, but didn't make use of the named contacts yet.

Anders got the missing information from PP-FIN and entered it into the pad.

HOW-TO AISBL with work from Cristian and Paul here: http://www.titanpad.com/aisbl

Paul will help Gilles for all the administrative stuff : notaris, mionistry, tribunal, ..

Maxime and Gilles will look to the translation

TOP 3 Activating the Council / Next Council Meeting

*Martina has written to all member parties and asked for names and email-adresses of their delegates. Until now there have only been answers from the Dutch, French, Swedish and Austrian Pirates (The German information is already known to Martina). Martina now also got the information from the Catalan, Belgium and Italian delegates.

PP-Poland and PP-GR are in the process of electing new delegates and will give Martina the information as soon as they have chosen them.

Martina will write to the missing PPs once more.

*Jens Stomber will need the names and email-adresses to add all Council members to the Council mailing list to get the Council to work. So we should try to get this information as soon as possible.

*Here is an incomplete and not for sure list of the Council members at the Founding meeting of PPEU:

https://piratenpad.de/p/ppeubrussels (And it doesn't have email-adresses)

*As the Board could also ask for a Council meeting we should also have this information and be able to join the ml of the Council (at least with reading access).

*We also need the list of delegates from the founding meeting to add to the minutes of that meeting.

TOP 4 Communication Strategy

A meeting was called by Cristian and held on Mumble on 16th April, with one more planned for 24th April.

Cristian will write to all PPs members of PPEU asking them to provide a person that guided by Anders (PPEU board member) will provide the answers that will help in having a strategy.

Cristian: I have now access and manager rights on both PPEU pages on FB.

Next steps:

  • sending the above mentioned email to all members
  • finishing the work on the website

*What was decided and talked about on the last meeting? Anything new? A concept?

*Board decision: We ask Cristian to tell us about the state of things with the admin rights of the website and the website itself. Antonios is taking charge and can help him on technical side if needed.

*What kind of postings should be officially done via our social media accounts? Do we need some quality control or review process? There have been irritations because of a fb-posting on the Palestine-conflict.

→ As we don't have full control, we can only charge in after the fact and do some quality control after the fact. But this willl hopefully work effectively.

*Europeanpirates.eu needs to be revamped urgently. The contact email adress needs to be changed and we will need the manifesto and not or at least not alone and without a disclaimer explaining it, the CEEP on it. Who is willing to do this or help?

*We should also set up a new wiki linked to Europeanpirates.eu and move some of the content from the ppeu.net-wiki there. Could we use a media wiki then please (asks Martina) because it is prettier and easier to use. But then we would need a syntax-translator for the move from the old wiki to the new of the content there, because the ppeu.net-wiki is a doku wiki.

Proposal : this subject is postponed until the next Board meeting, after Julia's office is set up and people working around there are available to give a hand for PPEU communication.

* there is a sub-reddit for the European Pirates: http://www.reddit.com/r/EuropeanPirates/ (made by Flow, who contacted Cristian Bulumac via Twitter, no reaction so far from him)

The topic is postponed to the next meeting.

TOP 5 Procedural Rules for the Board

*Draft: https://eu.piratenpad.de/ppeu-board-rules-of-procedure

Martina, Anders and Maxime have worked hard on it and hope that it finds the approval of all Board members now.

Any proposals for a change?

* Adding consensus

Proposal : add the following paragraph at the end of chapter § 6 Meeting minutes :

The votes of each Board member for every decision are written in the minutes. However, when no Board members present disagrees on a decision, the minutes simply give the Board decision.

Shorter alternative :

The votes of each Board member for every decision are written in the minutes, unless no Board members present disagree on the decision.

Other alternative :

The decisions of the Board are taken by unanimity/consensus, unless Board members disagrees. In the following case, the detail of the Board member votes is written in the minutes.

Martina and Maxime also suggest to study again the quotas needed to take Board decisions, before adopting it. It was written believing almost all Board members would attend Board meetings, but it has not been the case lately.

The Board must choose between two options : having a low quota required, with the risks of decisions taken by a low number of Board members, or having a high quota required, with the risks of being impossible to take decisions, if too many Board members do not attend the meetings.

Martina suggests that Anders, Maxime and her will discuss the new proposals once more among themselves and will offer the finished version of the RoP at the next Board meeting.

* Postponed for a few changes. Maxime takes charge and will invite others to work on the new changes. Martina will definitely help.

Anders and Martina will set up a meeting to discuss the RoP once more. Date and Time: Monday, 11th of August 2014 at 20:00 CEST on the German NRW Mumble server in Room PPEU.

TOP 6 Other Stuff

* Freedom not Fear 2014 - is PPEU joining?

http://www.freedomnotfear.org/

Email:

Is European Pirate Party interested in participating and also

coordinating the participation of all member parties in the Freedom

not Fear event? Last year we managed to get 6 pirate parties on board

- can we get more this year?

I can volunteer to work on promoting this event in all pirate

communication channels - but a formal support from PPEU would help

immensely in that.

Cheers,

Zbigniew Łukasiak

Vice President of the Polish Pirate Party

https://www.freedomnotfear.org/ Action week in September, 26.-29th, 2014

Proposal : Tony will contact Zbigniew and see how PPEU could help there. If decisions have to be done, it will be prepared and submitted to the vote at the Board meeting (August 5th).

Response by Zbigniew:

My idea is to have as many as possible local events - this would show

the global character of the Pirate movement. The global reach makes us

quite unique among other political forces - we should show that!

I am pretty sure that for example PPDE will join this years event - as

they did in other years - but I believe that we should do that in a

coordinated way.

Cheers,

Zbigniew

Suggestion by Amelia and Martina: We support this event as the PPEU Board, but we don't think that such an endorsement is necessary or even very important. It would be much more important that people take part in the local events.

Radek: It might be a help with governments to say that organisations support such events.

Proposal: The Board of PPEU is supporting the Freedom-Not-Fear-events all over Europe.

Who is in favour?

+1 Radek

+1 Martina

+1 Anders

+1 Paul

+1 Tony

+1 Amelia

Against?

Indecisive?

Result: Approved

Who is telling Zbigniew? (I can (Tony) since I emailed him the first time) Great, you've got the job (If no one objects)! ;-)

* Ideas from Spain:

Propuesta de Galileo para el dia 5 de Agosto en la asamblea de PPEU

From Spain, we are in the mood that delegates are underrated. Delegates can have more active functions than hearing the board debating about all the points of the Agenda. This kind of functionality makes less attractive to active delegates to get into the meetings. There is no sense of inclusive behavior. +1+1

This goes with the second point we want to discuss. The meaning of a valuable democracy it appears to be very different between two halves of European countries inside the PPEU. From countries as Spain, Italy or Greece, it is difficult to share the old fashioned concept of representative democracy as the one right to have, because we learned by the bad way what kind of corruption and manipulation gets involved with it. We are more on the mood with Direct or Liquid Democracy. We know it is difficult to share the same ideas, and we don't want to impose neither ours nor yours, so we want to propose a small solution for what we are looking actually; MEPs should consult to PPEU members the things that can affect them directly to the political way of the European party. Even if it is obvious. What we want to accomplish with that directive is to mantain peace between the different parties members and not to spoil a bad reaction because of a bad decision not accessed.

Third point to discuss is the six month statutes reform that was written on the same statutes. We are running out of time for giving a calendar route for that. It is something harmful for PPEU's image and for the newcomers. So, we recall the need of having some time for starting with that reforming.

Linking with the First Point, it should be very interesting to take advantage of the delegates for preparing teams to develop new statutes.

Martina: Julia Reda is intending to set up a system to consult people in an electronic way on topics of European policy. To change the statutes, we will need a functioning Council and therefore all member parties must name their delegates and their email adresses first, before the Council can start debating.

Dario is speaking for the Pirates of Spain and Catalonia and asks for Julia to take into account the opinions of all European Pirates when making political decisions. He and the Spanish pirates were especially dissatisfied with her decision to support Claude Juncker.

Suggestion by Paul: Please contact Julia via Twitter, because she will always answer you there.

Catalonia delegates: @partit_pirata

Muriel Rovira @quinatela muriel@pirata.cat

Dario Castañé @im_dario dario@pirata.cat

Spanish delegates: @partidos_pirata

Lorena Müller @lmn_ar lorena@confederacionpirata.org

Juan Esteve (Galileo) @jesteve otrosmundos@gmail.com

TOP 7 Next Board Meeting

* PPEU Board meetings will take place on the 5th and the 20th of every month.

Paul suggested to use a tool to keep track of tasks and the state of things. For the time being this could be a pad. Pad: https://ppeu.piratenpad.de/tasks

The Board will convene again on the 20/08/2014 at 21.00 CEST on the German NRW Mumble server in room PPEU.

Martina closes the meeting at 22:30 CEST on the 05/08/2014.

/var/www/ppeu.net/web/wiki/data/pages/ppeu/board/minutes2014-08-05.txt · Last modified: 2014/08/18 18:56 by lunaloof
Recent changes RSS feed Creative Commons License Donate Minima Template by Wikidesign Driven by DokuWiki